A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crunch Treat!


I just wanted to eat some Captain Crunch cereal, So I decided to make some rice crispy treats but use Captain Crunch instead. I figured we needed a treat while watching the Mexico vs. USA soccer game and Gordy's favorite is Captain Crunch and so it was settled. First start with a box of captain crunch and put it in a bag and smash some of it up with a rolling pin...but not to much. Then put a bag of mini marshmallows in a bowl with about 5Tb of butter cut into little squares. Microwave it for about 1 minute, maybe a little more. The marshmallows will turn into a huge bubble. So do not freak out when you see it blowing up in the microwave. After it is all melted, take it out and mix it around, then add the crushed up cereal. Next take a 13 X 9 pan and grease it up. Then pour it all into the pan and make sure it is settling how you want it to and let it cool for a while. Super fast and easy treat! Try it with all your favorite cereals.

No comments:

Post a Comment