A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Monster Cake


Today is my little friend Judah's 7th Birthday! I was over visiting him the other day and decided to ask him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He was eating one of the confetti cookies I made and he said, "This kind!" His favorite color was green and because he is a seven year old boy I decided that a monster cake would be awesome! So I baked two round confetti cake filled pans last night and let them cool over night. Then this morning I made homemade 7 minute frosting and added neon green food coloring. Then I bought some candies to make the eyes with and decorated it. I was nervous that it would not turn out right and that the frosting would not work, but it did! The frosting is very thick and that made it easy to stick up like hair. I hope he likes it :) because I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment