A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 12 Florentines



Today I decided to make, what I know them as, Lacy's. They are very light and peanut/brown sugar with chocolate in the middle. I made sure I had everything and started to make them. The recipe is very simple.
4 Tbs unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
--melt all of this in a sauce pan tell the sugar is melted, I couldnt really tell if the sugar was melted cause it all looks brown like the sugar but I just did it for about 3 minutes.
1/3cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts unsalted
1tsp vanilla 
--make sure you have this ready because you want to added it right when you remove the first part from the stove. Add it and mix it together well. Make sure you cookie sheet is ready with flour and butter on it so that the cookies do not stick.
1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
--scoop 1/2tsp full of the batter and place it on the cookie sheet, these will spread pretty big even though it does not look like enough. put these in the oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. While this is going bring a double boiler to almost a boil. Just get the water warm on the bottom and put the chocolate chips in the top boiler to melt them. When the cookies are done let them sit for about 2 minutes to cool then take one and spread the melted chocolate on the flat side and sandwich it with another one of the cookies flat sides. Then after you make them all, put them in the fridge to set in right. They taste great and are super easy to make! Glad I did them!

No comments:

Post a Comment