A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 18th My Families Favorite Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Today I wanted to bake cookies for our road trip tomorrow to Washington. I decided to make my families favorite cookies because Karissa and Jared were coming over to hangout. I had all the ingredients and decided to make the batter before going to work. When I got home I just mixed it one more time and then put them in the oven. While mixing all the ingredients I realized that I did not have regular crisco, I only had "butter flavored" crisco. The batter smelled like butter and even after they were baked they tasted and kinda smelled like butter. They did not taste bad, just different from what they normally taste like, so now I know what not to use next time. I can't give the recipe away..but if you ever want some I will gladly make them for you! :) This makes me miss home.

1 comment: