A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 23! Tres Leches Milk Cake

Today was the famous cake called Tres Leches. It is really good and I made it last year when I went to the Borrelli's. Pictures to come! It looks great! :)
Recipe:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup of white sugar
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix all this together and put into a 9 x 13 and then bake for about 2o minutes at 350.

The frosting
2 Cups of whole milk
1 can of condensed sweetened milk
1 can of evaporated milk
 Combine these three milks and pour them into the cooled cake.

1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Then whip these together and put it on top of the cake and then put it into the cake into the fridge to cool completley.

No comments:

Post a Comment