A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 14 STRAWBERRY SCONES



Today I went and baked at my dear friend Chelsea's house! She had some strawberries and I found a recipe for scones, so we put them together! As we were baking and chatting away we noticed that the batter was falling apart and not sticking as much so we added more milk and they turned out great! Then after forming them and sticking the strawberries in them we baked them for about 15 minutes and watched a Tyler Perry-Madea movie! haha When we went to put the glaze on I realized it was not thick enough because I read the recipe wrong. So we started over and it was much better. Added a scoop on top and some white chocolate sauce to each scone and they were finished! They tasted great cause they were still a little soft in the middle. I am glad we choose these and I had a blast catching up with her :)
Here is the recipe I found. 
Spring Berry Scones:
Ingredients- 
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
7 tablespoons of butter
1/2 c. plus two teaspoons of milk
this was not enough for us, so add a little more to your mixture and if it gets to wet add more flour.
Mix your dry ingredients together first, add your butter and mix well and then add milk.  You can double or triple this recipe and freeze the parts you want to use for later.  For what you want to make at the time form a dough ball and roll it out into a round shape, cut it like a pie and then press into the top whatever berries or nuts or ingredients that you would like.  Make sure you press them in firmly but still keeping your scone shape. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Let your scones cool for 5 minutes and then ice them with a simple powdered sugar and milk glaze.  (Cup of powdered sugar and teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of milk).  Simple, fresh out of the oven yumminess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment