A New Beginning:

This summer I am away from home and discovering new passions. I am living with a family, working at Dutch Bro's coffee, taking an online class and more. Since I have been at college I have been developing a love for baking and discovering new delicious treats. I have decided that this summer I would start baking more and writing about what I bake on this site. These recipes are not mine, I am using ones I find just to learn and have fun! Hope you enjoy reading and learning new treats to fill your kitchen with!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 9 Pineapple Upside Down





Today I made Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes. I went to my dear friend Savannah's bridal shower and I knew that they were her favorite so I decided to make those. They were fun to make but a little tricky. I got all the stuff I needed for them and started baking 2 hours before the shower. This was not enough time I realized but arriving late with delicious desserts is totally perfect! So I made the brown sugar glaze that goes in the bottom of the cupcake pans. Then I had trouble fitting my pineapple slices into the tray so I had to cut them and make them fit. Then I made the batter with sour cream, kinda sounds nasty but it makes it moist and fluffy. Then I put some batter on top and baked them for about 20 minutes. The cook book said to do it for 25-30 but they were getting really brown on top so it is good to watch them I am learning and to know your oven. After they came out we let them cool a little, that is my mom and I. Then we loosened them from the sides of the tray and with a cookie sheet on top of them and flipped them out! That is why they are called "upside-down" cause you eat them up side down! I added a little cherry to the top and powdered sugar for decoration and they looked beautiful. Savannah loved them and her shower was so fun and beautiful! I also won a prize during the Bingo game! I never win prizes. I got measuring spoons for teaspoon and tablespoon-which is perfect cause I do not even have any! :) My parents are out with the camera so pictures will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment